Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wow. This is Pretty Neat.

For the most part I do not think about numbers that often. I have caught myself before thinking about numbers way too much. I like to think about people. I like to think about "Joe, or Fred, or Arnold" more than I like to think about 3 people.
With that being said I think you can learn some important and vital information from numbers. This past Sunday we looked at the ages of those who were at church. I found out some interesting facts. Now before I share with you the age breakdown let me first say that any age classification has flaws. That is because people are different and at different points in their life at different times. But sometimes you have to draw an arbitrary line and just look at the numbers. Here is what we found out.


  • 10% are under 20

  • 40% are between 20-40

  • 40% are between 40-60

  • 10% are over 60
What impresses me most is the 20-40 category. I think at one point in time I was happy when that was 10%.
For some reason those numbers really encouraged me.

No comments: