Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a Weekend!

Wow. Craziness. I have to admit it was a good time but man was it tough. I went running yesterday, and my legs felt good, but I had no energy. I guess that is my body's way of telling me it is tired. I wanted to post some stuff on Sunday, but honestly, I did not have enough left in the tank to type. Same was true on Monday. Today I am back at it. It is not one of those "ohh boy, I'm ready to go" type days. I don't think it is going to be one of those weeks. Rather just one of those things were I slowly get back into the swing of things. Hopefully I will regain full energy before the 1/2 marathon on Saturday.
Now with all that being said, let me add this. I am so glad I am exhausted. I love to push myself to the limits. Especially when it is the direct result of either playing with my family or serving God with all my heart. Those are great things to use up all your energy on.
I think we guard ourselves too much. I think we worry about having a "reserve" that we become too afraid to totally empty ourselves. Why? Why do we do that?
Well I can think of a couple reasons:
#1 -- We become afraid
#2 -- What if we do it once? People will start expecting more
#3 -- We have been told "we have to have boundaries"
#4 -- When we are talking about money it is good to have a "reserve." The same is true with our energy right?
Those are probably all true but I think the biggest reason is that we are afraid to get hurt. When you put in all your energy, everything you got, it can hurt. It can cause you a lot of pain, and it is hard to deal with.
Now I am not trying to say I am some sort of Saint or anything like that. I am not trying to have people give me a pity party or anything like that. But it happens every week, and especially Easter, I give everything, and end up being empty. When you're empty everything hurts. Every comment people make, every reaction people give, everything hurts.
With that being said my reaction is "oh well, let's do it again next week." Far better to invest everything, get hurt, and let God put you back together than to "hold back."

No comments: