Sunday, March 16, 2008

Shamrocks Shakes and My Boycott!

I have been avoiding McDonald's for about 10 years now. I have been going there less and less. I just don't like the food. I am much more of a Subway guy. Much better, fresh food versus fried food. For the last couple of years I do not think I have ordered anything from McDonalds but fries and milkshakes. This is where the problems begin.
The advertise their milkshakes. The tell you about how good they are. Today is March 16th. Tomorrow is St. Patricks Day. Everyone (well not you guys in the south) knows that March is Shamrock shake month at McDonalds. So we went there tonight to get our Shamrock shake. The shake machine was broken! What is up with that? Argh. Now if this was the first or second year this happened, I could say "bummer." But I can not tell you the number of times that the milkshake machine has been broken. Now I don't know if it is actually broken, or if they are just too lazy to make my Shamrock milkshake.
Right before we went there, Heather and I were joking around saying "I bet they will tell us their machine is broken." Of course we were laughing because of the previous ten times that has happened to us. I then said, "If the machine is broken I am never going to McDonald's again." Well it was. Therefore today begins my boycott. Would you like to join me?

P.S. We went and got a mint milkshake at Dairy Queen. It equalled or surpassed the Shamrock shake.

2 comments:

HB said...

Many others share your quest for the elusive yet delicious shake. http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2007/03/14/the-elusive-shamrock-shake/

Shari said...

Someone will surely bop me on the head for saying this, but I HATE SHAMROCK SHAKES! THEY ARE GROSS, GROSS, GROSS! (covering head and ducking for cover now).