Monday, March 31, 2008

I Feel Much Better

I had several people ask why I was not preaching this week at church. A lot of people assumed that is was because of the 1/2 marathon. Not really. True I was very sore and very tired, but heck that has never stopped me before. I remember preaching with my finger gushing blood finishing and getting stitches in my hand. I can handle it. So that was not it.
Last year I went through a stretch of about 28 weeks without taking a break. That is over 1/2 the year without taking a Sunday off.
You know that is no good! It is not good for me. It is not good for my church either. Jesus had a lot to say about resting. I don't know why we think it is good to not listen to His advice and ever so often take a break.
Now understand that I still worked last week. I did a lot of things. Mainly plan the next series that we will be going through.
Now here is the cool part. It is Monday night, and all I want to do is preach. I am excited about it.

1 comment:

Blake said...

Coming up on four days without a post? Who's the bad blogger now!!! hahahaha