Friday, March 28, 2008

Twas the Night Before

No, not Christmas, silly. I am talking about the night before the "Just a Short Run" 1/2 Marathon. Am I nervous? No. But I am super excited. I have never entered a race this long before. I realized the other day that I have my mind set to be a distance runner. I used to be geared for the 3 mile race when I ran in high school. Now I am getting to the point that three miles is just the warm up. It is just kinda weird like that.
My goal(s)
  • Finish!
  • Base Goal: 2:30 (that's two hours and 30 minutes)
  • Reasonable Goal: 2:15
  • BHAG (big hairy audacious goal): 2:00

So there you have it. Oh BTW (not that you wanted to know this but...) don't worry I don't think I will be wearing the shorts I got from entering them, they are well... a bit short. I don't like short shorts very much. :)

Well if you want, the race starts at 8:30. First we go around the ice skating rink, then around the lake twice and finish at the boat house. Oh yeah. This is at North Park (for those of you in the area you should know where that is).

I will be number "46" so if you see me say "go Dan!"

I better get to bed, I need my energy for tomorrow!

No comments: