Monday, March 17, 2008

It is Easter Week!

Yes folks, it is Easter week. I know it early this year. If I remember right it has been 341 years since it has been this early.

Now Easter is and should be a huge week in the life of the church. It is one of those weeks that I run on overload. I get excited about it. I look forward to it. But it does take a lot of energy. My dad likes to joke around (folks he is only joking around) that it takes a lot of work to get Christ off the cross.

So being that it is Easter, do me a favor would you? Would you please take time to consider the real meaning of Easter. Not just the stupid Easter bunny? But rather what Christ did?

Just about every church will have something special going on this week. Make the time to join in some of those special events.

If you are in the area, stop by Bakerstown and you can join us.

Remember Christ went to the cross, but he did not stay there. He went to the tomb, but did not stay there. He then went to Heaven, He is taking up permanent residency there, but will becoming back.

Enjoy Easter

No comments: