Saturday, March 29, 2008

I did it!




What did I do? I finished! I finished the 1/2 marathon. Ouch. It hurt. I started off feeling fine. Everything was going well. The first nine miles were a breeze. Then came the last four miles, in particular miles 11.5-12.5, I wanted to stop. But I kept going (and going, and going, and going). When I got to the last half mile it was no problem. When I heard every one cheering me on, it made my life so much better. Never was I so happy to see the finish line. I crossed the line at about 2:28 minutes. Not bad. I was pretty happy about that. It is kind of fun to run by the water stations take a drink and throw the cup on the ground. You don't get to do that with a good conscience very often. After I finished, they gave us oranges and bananas. Yum! They hit the spot. Oh yeah. I won a prize. Granted it was a door prize that they pulled my number at random, but a prize is a prize.
The rest of the day I have not done too much. My legs really hurt. Ouch. But life will go on. Thanks to all who encouraged me.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Great Job Dan! Thats awesome!!

Katherine said...

Good job! We're proud of you! And I think you should consider the Boston Marathon... :-)