Friday, August 3, 2007

Whats up with that?



When I was on vacation I came across this tire swing. Now let's retrace the history and purpose of the tire swing. Some guy wanted to give his children a swing. He looked around his house and this is what he found: A tree, a rope, and a old tire that probably could not hold air anymore. He put them all together and you have the all famous tire swing. Problem solved. Well this tire swing in TN is not made out of a tire. It is plastic (and rather uncomfortable if I might say), and it is blue. I don't understand it. I guess a tire swing is now going to live on forever?

That got me thinking about some other things that we do. It seems to me that we all have plastic tire swings. Things we think we have to do, and even try to make it better than the original intent. Just want to challenge you take the opportunity every so often and ask why?

No comments: