Thursday, August 9, 2007

Electricity

I am without power at my house and my church. I did not realize how dependent I am on electricity. I showed up at church this morning, realized I had no power and just pretty much looked around and scratched my head. What could I do? No computer, no WiFi, no Internet, no phone even. So there was not much to do about it.
That got me thinking however (after all there was nothing to do to prevent me from doing so). Are we as dependent on God as we are on electricity? (not that this is possible due to God's very nature) But what if God were not there? What if God like the electricity "went out." Would we miss him? Would we notice? Would are lives be affected? Or would we just go on with our normal routines like nothing happened?
I want to have to depend on God more and more every day. I want to be in situations that are impossible apart from God. I want God to be more important than electricity.

No comments: