Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Use what you have

So I've been thinking about spiritual gifts and talents and creativity this morning. Now I am not going to get into the number of gifts or the amount of gifts you have and all that stuff. I realized that everybody has a different number, different descriptions for the various gifts and so forth. I also realized that the people who have like seven say you only have one at a time and the people with like thirty say you can have multiple gifts.
But the point is this: God made each of us unique and we should use our uniqueness. I get excited when I see someone fighting hard to start something based on their giftedness. It would be like if someone would come to me and tell me we MUST HAVE a cooking class for all the twenty-year-olds because they need to know how to cook or else they will never make it. And guess what, my response would be go for it. If you have someone that excited about something, usually it is good.
With that being said, we need to make sure that we are using all our gifts and abilities to tell people about God. Both people who don't yet know God, and people who do know God. Whatever ability, talent, skill we have can be used for God. Now to do this takes work, takes time, takes energy. I realize that. But what is better than investing your time and energy into telling people about God?

No comments: