Sunday, August 26, 2007

Heat Makes Me Cranky

Lately it has been hot. More than that, the dew point (I found out that that is the thing I care about the most) has been in the 70's. Smart people tell you that when it is 70 or above the humidity is considered oppressive. I believe that. I have never done very well in heat. It gives me headaches, and I don't have a lot of energy. I am just not a heat person. And when it is hot, I get cranky. Now I noticed that other people do the same thing. So I have to be really careful what I say and do and think. This heat stuff will go away, it is not like it is going to be there forever.
We are told in the Bible that hell is going to be a lake of fire. That sounds pretty hot to me. So I think, boy it must be worse than it has been outside lately. Yikes! And not only that, but hell is eternal. Who would want to spend eternity there?
That motivates me to stop complaining about the weather, and do what God has called us to do, to reach those who need to know Him.

No comments: