Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Migraines

I feel a little uncomfortable talking about my migraines. It is just not something I share freely with everybody. I am getting better at telling my wife when I have one. It is just something I don't like to talk about. But I going to open up and share with all you out there in the blogsphere.

Since I was in like third or fourth grade I have been getting migraines. Pretty bad ones. Back then I would get about one every other week. Basically, I would end up getting such a bad headache I would throw up. Boy did that stink. I took a bunch of tests and such and we never did figure anything out.

Through high school they were not that bad. I think I just got smart about dealing with them (i.e. go to bed when they would come). In college I learned about something that I could only learn about in the South: Goodies Headache Powder. Boy does that stuff work.

Now the coolest thing about my migraines is other than one time, every morning when I wake up after having a headache, I feel fine. Now I will say the last time I threw up it took my stomach a little bit longer than it used to to get back to normal. But other than that, I am usually good to go.

Sometimes, I have those days when I get a headache and it actually goes away. I had one of them today. Man I tell you. It is incredible. When it goes away you have this whole new outlook on life. You can see things without pain. You read without wanting to throw up. It is incredible. So that is how I feel right now. It also makes me extremely grateful to God, the Giver of Life.

No comments: