Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Are you Hungry?

I know you read the title of that post, and the first thought in your head was "Hungry? How can I be hungry? I ate 50 lbs of cookies yesterday." Well fortunately for those of us who had more then a double helping of the "blessing" that is Christmas cookies, I am not talking about that type of hunger.

I am talking about spiritual hunger. I came across a quote today by Erwin McManus. "My job is not to feed Christians, but to make them hungry." Wow! I get it! I like it! I practice it. One of my desires is to make people want more. I am not smart enough or good enough to adequately feed people their entire spiritual meal. I don't want to be. In fact there is not one person that could. The reason is, it is not my job to feed people. It is impossible. The nourishment comes from God.

So if I can make people hungry, wanting more of God, they are going to go and look for it. They are going to ask God to fill them. Sometimes I will say stuff that will make people confused, upset, and having to search for the answers themselves. Good!

Love that quote. "My job is not to feed Christians, but to make them hungry"

No comments: