Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The unexpected best part of my day

Today I had a ministerium meeting. I must admit I thought about skipping. I have a lot of stuff to get ready between now and Christmas. This time of the year is always hectic. So it was just one more thing on my to do list. But I decided I should go. After all, I am the treasurer of the ministerium. So I show up. It turns out I was 50% of all the people there. Now at first that seemed like a colossal waste of time. But in reality it was the greatest time. I got to spend one hour with a person that I deeply respect, talking about life and ministry. That was incredible. Finding one hour to sit down and just talk without an agenda is difficult. That is something that we all could use a little more of. Maybe we should be more intentional about it. I know you are all busy. I know you all have a huge to do list. But why not find that one hour to talk to someone about life in general. You will be encouraged and re-energized just like I was today.

No comments: