Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Myron Cope

By now you probably heard of the passing of Myron Cope. Being that I am a die hard Steelers fan, I am sad. Now there was time I would listen to Myron and many times would ask, "What?" His voice is one of those voices you will never forget. Man his passion for his beloved Steelers. In this day and age, I will be honest, I pretty much respect anyone who has passion.
I must admit, one of the things that impresses me the most about Cope is what he did with the Terrible Towel. Granted it was a crazy idea that somehow was a huge success. He walked into a children's home and handed them a contract giving them sole rights to the Terrible Towel. I heard a report that in 2005/2006 when the Steelers won the Super Bowl the proceeds from the Terrible Towel was $900,000. That is pretty impressive. So yoi, and double yoi all you yinzers.

No comments: