Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Go Forward Not Sidewards

I got an email today. It was from disgruntled person who was upset about something. No it had nothing to do with Bakerstown Alliance. No it had nothing to do with me personally. Rather it had to do with an organization that Bakerstown Alliance and I am a part of, the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
Now understand I am not saying that the Christians and Missionary Alliance is perfect. I am not saying Bakerstown Alliance or that I am perfect. I know we are all far from perfect. I know we all have our faults.
Here is what I was struggling with. I have done a pretty good job at not attacking people who are preaching the gospel. Everyone has a different way of doing things. Most of the things that people are doing are just ways to accomplish telling people about Christ. Some I personally like, and some don't do much for me. That is fine. I wish them all the best. I don't find myself wanting to pick a fight with them or anything like that. I hope that they are able to reach people for Christ.
What I realize that I am still having problems with is responding when I read emails like that. I get all excited and all consumed. That is not good. I have to do a better job at just throwing stuff like that away (or hitting the delete button).
Time is short. The message of Christ is too important. It is much more important to spend our time and energy going forward not sidewards.

No comments: