Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I did it!

One of our heaters (we have electric baseboard heating) broke over the weekend. So I held it and shook it. It sounded like something was loose in there. Hmm..what to do.. Well I decided that I should take it apart and see what I could see. I figured it is already not working what harm could there be. So I go to take it apart and they have these awful torx screws in these deep holes that I can not get to with my bit driver. So of course like all my projects it involves a trip to Home Depot (because I have gift cards). I get a long torx screwdriver. Get home, take it apart in about 2 minutes. Look at it for about 20 seconds. See that one of the wires broke. Go down to the basement, get some electrical tape and a wire stripper. Back up stairs and 5 minutes later I am putting all the screws back together. Plug it in, turn it on, it works!!!! I was so happy. Normally it takes me forever. But it was really easy this time. The point? I dunno. I just wanted to share because it made me really happy.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Tell the truth. Heather really is the one who fixed it. :)