Thursday, January 29, 2009

What an Executive Director does

Many people have asked me what exactly does an executive director do. Fair question. So I thought I would tell you what I did today. Today I was talking to our bookstore manager and someone came up to me and said "The toilet is overflowing!" So I go upstairs look and well the toilet was overflowing. So I begin to plunge. I plunged and plunged and plunged. Nothing! We got a little snake, nothing. So we called the plumber. When the plumber got there, I quickly became the plumbers assistant. Next thing I know I am holding a garbage can to catch waste water from a pipe we disconnected to get to the other pipe. Filled the 35 gallon can up. Then I had the fun job of looking down a pipe waiting to see raw sewage flowing freely. Once I saw it flowing, it was time to clean up which included dumping the garbage can full of nasty water. Well at least I can say the bathrooms now work again.

No comments: