Saturday, January 17, 2009

Giving up is not an option

Friday I wake up and get in the shower. While I am in the shower the water pressure kept getting less and less until there was no water. Argh. My pipes were frozen (again). So I start with all my tricks. Nothing! I could not get it unfrozen for anything. So I left the heater on it for a couple hours, get back home, try again, nothing! Argh! Called the plumber. He could not fix it. Argh. He gave me an idea that involved a big torpedo heater and some plastic. So I rented the torpedo bought the plastic and made basically a room. I heated it to about 75 degrees in there. After doing that for about 3 hours, I tried it again, and it worked! I had running water! So then I had to return the torpedo heater, get some more heat tape and insulation. Went home. Put the heat tape and insulation on. Finally at 10:00 I take a long hot shower.
Yes it felt good to get it done. I think that is result of refusing not to give up. This case it was water. But what if it is something that God is calling you to do. It might not happen right away. Will you finish the task or will you give up?

1 comment:

HB said...

Thanks for all your hard work honey!! We like water. =)