Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Praying for our Leaders

Today, I had a meeting with a bunch of pastors (and surprisingly it was only an hour). We were planning a joint service next Monday to pray for our elected officials before the big inauguration. Had a couple of thoughts I would like to share.
  • I think it is neat that this will be on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Just something interesting about that to me.
  • Love the opportunity we have to do what we are told to do. Pray for our leaders. Do we have to agree with them? No! But we are told to pray for them.
  • Though this is not the first time that we have done something like this, it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is for us to do this. There is no tension among my fellow pastors. There is no worry about who gets the credit. There is no "well if he is involved then I am not going to participate." Just love how there is no tension there.
  • The group of pastors I met with today...They love Jesus! The Greater Richland Area has a bunch of good guys leading their churches. That is sweet!

No comments: