Monday, January 12, 2009

The big mo

I think one of the most overlooked aspects in life is momentum. I don't think we give it enough credit. Seriously, it is important. Being the sports junkie that I am, I am convinced that teams win (or lose) because of momentum.
After my experiences at Bakerstown, there were times when we had momentum and things were happening. It was great. Then of course there were also times when we did not have the mo going. During those times, well, things were not so good.
The question that I have been pondering lately is how to get and keep the big mo. As far as getting the big mo, that is not too difficult. Basically you find anything that is good, or excellent, or worthy of praise and you think of those things. (Phil. 4:8) Then soon after that you have momentum.
The keeping it is the hard part. I think the problem comes when we become content. When things become good enough. The key is to be always pushing the bar. Sure, celebrate the "wins" along the way. Sure, enjoy the moment. But the drive for more has to be there or else there is no mo.
I would love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

Shari said...

The Big Mo is also joined by the Big Stub in my case....that being stubbornness. When I set my mind to it, I do it. Some people think it's determination, but it's not, it's stubbornness. I am one of the most stubborn people I know, and sometimes, it serves me well. :)