Monday, January 19, 2009

Prayer Service Reflections

Today we had a prayer service for our elected officials in light of tomorrow's inauguration. We did this with about 6 different churches participating, all of different backgrounds and denominations. Quite interesting. I was glad to be apart of this. It was nice to come together and not to endorse a politician, not to bash a politician, not to be political in any shape or form. Our job is to do what we are told to do, pray for our leaders. Now I promise you that there will be decisions made and law's passed that I do not like. That I do not think are correct. While that might be true, we still have the responsibility to pray for our leaders. Love coming together to do what we are called to do, I don't know, sounds almost Biblical.

No comments: