Sunday, January 25, 2009

That's the way it is supposed to be

Tonight I was at a community unity service. Let me tell you, I had a blast. I saw what I love to see: churches and pastors united, working together. Now I have never had an ounce of tension with our Richland Ministerial Association. Those guys are my friends. But apparently there are some communities that just don't get along. The pastors in the group tonight seem to be good friends. Now I am not advocating for a "one church" type system. We need our separate places to worship God in our different styles. I am just saying that the love of God has to be greater then our differences. Tonight it clearly was.
My question to you is this. If you found out something good happened at the church down the road would you be happy for them? Or would you get jealous?
Tonight, I saw people united. Tonight I saw churches be The Church.

No comments: