Thursday, January 22, 2009

Running!

I have not been able to run that much lately. I could give you excuse after excuse. Like I have been busy. But that is just an excuse. I could say that it has been ridiculously cold. It has. But that is just an excuse too.
Honestly I think it is because right now I do not have a goal. I do not have a race on my calendar to get ready for. I have decided not to run the Pittsburgh Marathon this year. There is a certain part of me that would like to do it, but there is not that burning desire at this point. I hope it is a successful marathon. Next year for me? Maybe.
Maybe I am a goal oriented person. If I am doing something for a specific reason, I will get it done. I will do the work that I need to do get it done. I can stay focused. Without that goal, it is tough.
I ran today, and it made me feel better. But I need more of a challenge. Maybe I will find a race to enter. Could give me that motivation.
Now rest assured I am talking about running. But having that goal in any area of life is essential.

No comments: