Monday, January 5, 2009

Ode to Obi

Today was not a great day. Our cat Obadiah, Obi for short, was really sick yesterday. He threw up several times. This morning we took him to the vet. The vet told us that he would need surgery (really expensive) and that the surgery may not work. So we had him put to sleep.
I know I will miss that little fur ball. We got him a couple months after Heather and I got married. He was the friendliest cat you have ever seen. I loved those days when he would keep my feet warm by laying on top of them. He was a little bad a times. We learned not to keep food out. But overall he was a really good cat. We will miss him.
You probably wonder why we named him Obadiah. Honestly, it is just a fun name to say. It also helped me learn another book of the Bible.
Obi was a good kitty.

P.S. No! No! No! We do not want another cat! We do not want a dog! We do not want fish! We do not want a ferret! We do not want a rabbit! We do not want a snake! We do not want any pet whatsoever!

2 comments:

Blake said...

What about a Wombat?

Shari said...

Oh come on. Surely you have room for three or four cats and dogs. :)

In all seriousness, I'm sorry for your loss. Pets are like family, and it hurts when we have to make this kind of decision.