Friday, March 6, 2009

What do I want my son to be?

Today Isaiah and I were "cooking" dinner (also known as picking up pizza). On the way there Isaiah asks me "Daddy, what am I going to be when I grow up?" Hmm...I thought about that for a while. Part of me wanted to tell him what he was going to be. But I didn't think that was fair. So while I was asking him what he wanted to be, of course I was thinking what do I want him to be. Do I want him to follow in the footsteps of his dad and grandfather and great grandfather? I don't know. I must admit, I am really impressed with the commitment level to Christ of the board members at the Lighthouse. I had a bunch of really super Christians at Bakerstown Alliance when I was the Pastor there. So honestly I am not sure what I want my son to be. As cheesy as it may sound, I want my son to follow God's leading. So it is my job as his father is to make sure that he is following God. After that? It is all up to God!

No comments: