Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dan -- They call me the green man

I felt very green today. Let me explain. It all started with the nice weather. Because of the nice weather my kids wanted to go outside. No problem right? We have the swing set and the sand box real close to each other. Ideally speaking they would stay right there and it would be super easy. Well that doesn't work with little kids. So that got me thinking, we need a fence to keep them in. Well that got me thinking even further. I knew where there was a bunch of sections of fence that were removed and just sitting there. So I thought "I will recycle the old fence." In order to pick these sections of fence up, I brought home the box truck from the Lighthouse. Since I had the box truck, I thought that it was the day my wife has been waiting for 2 years. It was load up all the scrap metal day. I had a old dryer, swing set, water tank, oil tank, and a couple of miscellaneous metal items. We loaded them up in the truck. Tomorrow I am going to one of the greenest places I know, Marshall's scrap yard. They have been in the recycling business for a long time. Funny thing is if you didn't know better you would think it just a junk yard. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to unload all the scrap and get the cash. If all goes perfect, I will be able to use the money from the scrap to buy the 4x4's to put up the fence. Am I green or what? I will let you know how well I made out.

2 comments:

Shari said...

As Kermit the Frog once said "It ain't easy bein' green." Good for you! :)

Is Marshall's that place on Route 8near the Scoreboard?

Dan Borchert said...

BTW -- $21.00