Monday, March 23, 2009

Being a Parent

One of the things that you never think of before you have a kid (or at least I never put much thought into it) is the fact that your kids are watching you all day long. And what you do and how you do it will sink into their heads.
Certain things, you just don't care. I realize that my son has to grab his bowl of cereal and pick it up and drink the extra milk after he is done eating because his daddy does it. I get that. That is not really good or bad, more just weird. Ever so often Isaiah will say something, and we will laugh because we know he is just repeating something we have said.
I dread the day Isaiah start airing all our dirty laundry. You know like "Mommy said that daddy was being really bad the other day because he..." So far it hasn't been that bad.
But hopefully some things that I do will be positive thing. Hopefully there will be things that I want Isaiah and Samuel to repeat.
You know when you are at work you have to play the part. You know that you will be watched when you are at work. Then you can come home and just relax. As a parent, that doesn't happen. Your kids are watching you constantly.
I accept the task of being a parent. I look forward to raising our kids. I am going to do my best to enjoy it. It is just not going to be easy.

No comments: