Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Final failure?

One of the things that really gets me upset is this concept of "final failure." I am not sure where this comes from, I am sure it is not from God. The idea behind this is "well I screwed up bad, there is no hope, so who cares." Which leads to other choices and it starts getting deeper and deeper.
If you are reading this (meaning you are alive) you have not experience your final failure. I say that for two reasons. Number one, there is time to shake it off and pursue God. There is time to admit the mistake and reconcile with God and perhaps friends and family members as well. Number two, you will fail again. Oh well! Who cares? We all fail. We all make mistakes. But don't let one failure become the beginning of the end.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Favorite quote from Apollo 13:
"Failure is not an option" ....I have always viewed that quote in the light of a great God who works all things together for good and has the outcome in His capable hands.