Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why I hate Mother's Day

I guess I got your attention with that title. Let me first start off by saying my mom rules! I love my mom and I am thankful to have her as my mom. S0 why do I hate mother's day then?
Well, hate might be a little strong. The part that I do not like is "a mother's day sermon." I don't like the ones that (and I probably have written some of them in the past) that talk about how to be a better mom. Reason: over half the people listening have never been and will never be a mother. Seems wrong to alienate half the people right off the bat. Now generally I end up making half the people mad at me anyway but, if I started with half already mad, made half of the half mad, that would be 3/4 of the place mad at me. Now I would have no problem talking to a group of moms about being the best mom they could be (however, I think a mother could do that much better then a 31 year old male).
So when you come to Bakerstown this weekend, you will hear a message about a mother that is, however, applicable to all our lives. Check out Exodus 2:1-10, and you'll start getting the drift.

No comments: