Thursday, May 1, 2008

Where have I been?

I am sorry to all my readers out there for not blogging the last couple of days. So what have I been doing? Well we had our annual District Conference. I thought I would have some free time during the conference to check in and maybe post some thoughts. Didn't work out that way. So what did I learn/do at district conference? Glad you asked.


  • I did a lot of talking with my friends. Wish I was better at keeping in contact with people. I am horrible at it. It is nice when you get to see a lot of friends/colleagues.

  • Ministry is tough. Have a lot of friends who are really hurting, please pray for them.

  • I learned that I am a freak. Ok I guess I knew that. Went through a very long (thank you God for giving us coffee) IDAK training seminar. Interesting what you learn about yourself.

  • We honored those who retired from ministry this past year; I want that to be me. Those guys, wow! What men of God. They are legendary!

  • I don't like by-laws. I understand the necessity for them, but I'm not a by-law guy

  • How do you think we could revise and update Mr. Roberts Rules of Order to make them make sense? What do you think about Mr. Rogers Rules of Order? :)

  • I always feel younger after district conference (why are most pastors old? :) )

  • Miss being around my family :(

  • The chairs could have been a little more comfortable, or the sessions a little shorter

No comments: