Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Loving People

I am fairly well educated. I am fairly confident that I went to one of the best colleges for pastoral ministies, Toccoa Falls College, in case you didn't know. I have attended many different seminars and stuff. With all that being said, I think the thing that has been stressed the least in all of my education but is the most important is loving people. I am not sure how you would accomplish anything without loving the people you are serving. I know it sounds so basic. But I am convinced if you have love for others you will be successful.
If you could measure a successful person in ministry, you would have to let love count for 99% of the evaluation. The other 1% is the "ministry skills" that we spend 99% of our time working on.
I know it sounds simple, but maybe it just is.

No comments: