Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Me &You, Us, Forever

I get the mail this morning and I have this advertisement for a movie that is coming out called Me & You, Us, Forever. It was addressed to the church so I looked at it. Went on the website, checked it out. Looked really good. Unfortunately it is only coming to a "select few" theaters. But what is interesting to me is that it is about a guy who fell in love in High School, but ended up breaking up with his girlfriend and marrying someone else and that marriage ended. He reflects on his life and his first love.
So that got me thinking. And you know what? I don't want to sound cheesy in any way. I was thinking about Heather. From the moment I met her to this day, there is something about her that makes me attracted to her. Now to get her to finally agree to marry me was, well, a lion chase to say the least. But I can't help but think about that movie and how sad it would have been to have given up on the chase. To let things just as they say "run the course." Now please don't misunderstand me here. I am not some sort of prince charming. I know I am not the greatest husband to ever walk the earth. I know I can be a pain. And also there are times when I get upset with my wife too. But there is something there that if I knew what I know now, I would be willing to chase the lion faster further and longer then I did.
I am not trying to sound cheesy (even though if I was reading this I would think it sounded cheesy) but I just totally thought about Heather when I was looking at this movie. Boy am I glad to have my wife to share this life with.

No comments: