Friday, January 25, 2008

Direct Mailing Company Phone Call?

I got a call today. It was a pre-recorded call (I find those to be highly ineffective advertising in the first place). So I listened for a little while. It turns out that it was a direct mailing company that wanted my business. It's the type of company that helps you design, print, and send a bulk mailing. They told me that they design really good looking stuff and handle the direct mailings efficiently and all that good stuff. But that left me with one question (boy do I wish I would have stayed on the line to ask them this question). If your mailings are as good as you say they are, why are you calling me? If they attract that much business, wouldn't you be better off sending me an advertisement or a sample? And if it is that effect and you can reach a lot of people that way, why are you wasting your money on all those phone calls?
Well that way just my marketing thought of the day.

No comments: