Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Have You Ever Pushed a Bus On a Four Lane Highway?

I have. Allow me to explain. Story time with Dan...
Being that it is Tuesday night, that means Kid's Klub. So I leave the house (running maybe a little late) drive to the church. Start the big old bus with no problem. Head down the road, waiting for the thing to heat up. I pick up all the kids (they are all at one place) and I just have to drive up the road and turn around. Then the bus just dies one me. Kaput. Well a good friend happens to be around with jumper cables. The bus fires right up. But by this point I did not trust it, so I sent the kids home. I was driving right along and I looked down at the amp gauge...it was zero! That's not good. At this point I knew I was not going to make it that far. But I was hoping to make it to a church down the road and park it there. Well I get to a light and it was red. I didn't want to stop. So I looked, it was clear and sailed through a red light. Now this is a four lane road and in the other lane was a cop. So as you would guess...nah just getting you going. The cop actually just went right by me. But shortly after the red light, the bus died. Keep in mind I am in the middle of a four land highway. Fortunately I had some people following right behind me. Next thing you know, we are pushing a bus off the road. Now might I remind you that a bus is just a tad on the heavy side. We had 2 people pushing and one driving. We get it barely off the road and put it in park. Then we had to wait until one of my friends showed up with a set of jumper cables. It took forever to get enough charge to start the battery. Finally got the old bus fired up again. Quickly get in it, drive down the road without any lights, fan, wipers, or anything like that on. Get it to the one church and park it. I am thinking it was an alternator belt. You'll have that I guess.
So bad news: No kids klub tonight and a broken bus
Good news: I know can honestly say I pushed a bus on a four lane highway!

1 comment:

WeddObsessed said...

That picture really captures the passion of the moment...

Really!