Monday, August 18, 2008

Why Bakerstown Alliance is so much fun

It is so fun because they allow me to be me. I know I am odd. I know I do things that are just not normal. But here is the more amazing part: They not only allow me to do weird things, but respond to my weirdness.
On Sunday the message came down to two questions:
#1 Do I value God enough?
#2 Do I value myself enough?
In order to show this visually, I handed everyone a paper plate. Then I held up a china plate. Obviously God should be fine china, and if He thought enough of us to send His Son, then we, too, are fine china.
I asked them to write on the paper plate if they were struggling with one or both of those questions. I was blown away at the responses. I was blown away at God working through me and in people's lives.
Having people grow closer to Christ, yeah that gets me excited, and that is a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Normal is boring. :)