Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lawn Mowing and Pursuing God Ordained Dreams

So you look at the title and you think what is Dan up to now. Let me explain:
It all started on Monday. I blogged about my frustrating day. One of the frustrating events was with my lawnmower. Let me tell you what it took to get my grass mowed this week.
It started on Sunday. I had to replace the blades. That took a lot of effort. They did not want to come off for anything. Finally I got them off and the new ones on. Then I put the mower deck back on the riding lawn mower, went to start it and... nothing. So I looked around at it, found that it was a loose wire and decided to fix it tomorrow. So I fixed that problem.
On Monday I started the lawn mower, then started the mower deck. The new blades were hitting the deck (due to a previous "incident") so I had to pound that out. Finally I got it going again, and broke the belt. Trip to Lowe's, new belt, ok I am going again. Then I hit something and broke a piece that I needed to special order.

On Thursday the part was delivered, and I put it on. Wow I was actually mowing again. Then I ran out of gas. Run to the gas station, get gas, run back, put it in the lawn mower, start mowing again. Then something went wrong with that mower. It quit running. So I fixed it on Friday and finally was able to finish mowing.
So I look outside and I see the grass is mowed. And I am happy.
So now what does all of that have to do with pursuing God-ordained dreams? Well those God-ordained dreams are not going to occur without road blocks, obstacles, and set backs. Just because it is tough, or full of challenges, doesn't mean it is time to bail out.
Finish the job. Follow the dream.

No comments: