Sunday, August 31, 2008

What a Great Day

This is one of those weeks that I am left really encouraged and really upbeat. In fact the whole month of August has been great.
Today we had a young guy come to church who literally in the middle of a "transition." He was running away from his home. Tough situation, I talked to him for a long time. At this point I don't know how we can help, but I told him "we are here for you" Wish I could do more.
What is even more impressive to me is the person who saw this person at a gas station playing his guitar and offer him a ride to where he was going (about an hour away) if he would come to church. He said "sure." Wow! So many things about that whole situation make me so proud of Bakerstown Alliance.
I got to say something fun today. I said "I love how much Bakerstown Alliance suffers." Seems funny huh? But it is all because of how much love for God and love for others that causes the suffering. Call it good suffering if you will.
My marathon is a couple of weeks away. I have to finish the race now. I have too much riding on it. A lot of people have taken me up on the "Running for Church Plant" challenge. Wow! Good stuff. However, I will remind you that there still is time to join this quest, just shoot me an email and I can explain further if you needed. dan_borchert@yahoo.com.
Attendance has been great the whole month. Today was a holiday weekend and it still was pretty good. God is blowing my mind at how He is doing this. Again -- I am excited!
I am watching the Nascar race, getting ready for bed, and running a mere 12 miles tomorrow morning.
I'm out!

No comments: