Monday, August 4, 2008

My Frustrating Day

Argh! The word of the day. Argh and double argh. I still don't think those words are enough to express the full arghness of the day. Let me tell you why it was so arghish.
First I got up early to go for a long run. I was planning on running 15 miles. I made it five miles and my feet were really hurting. I got a blister last week so I knew there was already a problem. So I stopped to check it out. It was bleeding through my band aid and through my sock. So I stopped running. Now I am trying to decide if I can run through the pain and get back on schedule. If that was the only thing it would have been an ok day.

My tractor is on my bad list. Last night I changed the blades (it took me and my dad to loosen the one bolt). Put the deck back on the mower, went to start it and... nothing. Realized there was a bad wire. It was too late last night. So when I got home from running this morning, I started working on the tractor again. I got it to start! Then I engaged the blades on the mower deck. Sure enough, from a previous "incident" the deck was bent and once again I had to pound the deck out so the blades did not hit it. Argh. Finally got it all cleared, then started mowing again. Made it 50 feet and broke the belt. Are you kidding me? Drove to Lowe's, got another belt, put it on, everything was going great. Well that was for 50 feet. I hit something and broke part of the deck. Course I could not find this piece anywhere nearby so I had to order it. Should be here by Thursday. By that time my grass should be about as high as Samuel.

About a month ago we bought a new ceiling fan for our TV room. I decided to do that project since I couldn't mow. "At least I will be able to something productive." Good news - it is now up and working! Bad news -- while I was taking the old one down, I shattered the old globe all over the floor were the boys play most often. Argh!

Our upstairs toilet has been acting up lately. It won't stop running after it's flushed. So naturally it was running for a long time. If you have city water this means a big bill. If, like us, you have a well, it means that you have no water. Argh!

So at this point I totally had it. But it is garbage night. So I start collecting all the garbage, and I get to the litter box. I was out of litter. Argh. That meant for the 5th time today (I added it up) we had to go to route 8. Argh

So at this point it is 9:06 pm. I have decided that I am going to bed early tonight. I've had it. Enough is enough. I am going to bed.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Good night!

P.S. The picture I tried to attach to this post wouldn't load due to "an internal error." Figures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Dan! I'm sorry your day was so arghish. I like that word by the way. Now go down to July 27th and read #1, #2, and #3 :-)

Brooke

Shari said...

You have created a new word. Arghish. I like it.
Do yourself a favor before you hurt yourself or anyone else....stop doing projects. Just sit in a chair and stare at the wall. That ought to be safe. :)