Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Adventures with a ceiling fan

The light bulb in our ceiling fan had been flickering on and off for the last day or so. Today it totally stopped working. So when I got home from church this afternoon, I started taking it all apart figuring a wire was loose. Well I took it all apart, took the wire nut off, put the wire nut back on, tried it again...nothing. Arghish. I am thinking in my head..is it the switch? Is it the socket? So I decided I would check the socket, remove the globe, take out the light bulb, look at light bulb. Guess what? The light bulb was burned out. Arghish. All that work for a light bulb.

So that got me thinking...what is the most effective form of reaching for people Christ? It is someone telling someone else about what Christ has done for them. We spend most of our time and energy focused on things that are not the obvious choice (i.e. taking apart the whole fan before you check the light bulb). I promise you that any church will allow you to tell anyone you want about the hope that we have in Jesus Christ. It is efficient, effective, and well inexpensive.

Your friend you have that really needs to know Christ, maybe you don't need Billy Graham to have a tent revival in your back yard. Maybe you just need to tell him or her.

No comments: