Friday, February 6, 2009

Stuck in the Driveway

I don't know if it really blog worthy, but I am going to anyways. This past week I have had 4 vehicles stuck in my driveway. Argh. Now let me tell you about them:
  • This was our van. Heather was backing up and accidentally got it into the snow. Fortunately with the help of 4 pushers and 1 driver we were able to get it on the driveway again
  • The 2nd one was the Prism and totally the result of me not paying attention. Some how I drove it off the driveway, then of course tried to fix my mistake and got it stuck worse. Called AAA but they would not come. They said our road was too scary. Wimps! So I called my dad, he tried and could not get it. Finally, Dave Martin brought the plow truck over and hooked up a chain to it and pulled right out.
  • So today I was driving our little box truck (affectionately referred to as "Mini-Me"). I drove it right up our driveway with no problem. Got something from the house and started heading back down the driveway. I slid into the side of the hill. Stuck!
  • So I called my dad again, hooked up a tow rope, pulled with his mini van, nothing! Then we could not get the rope off because we could not go forward with the mini van. That took a while but through a series of pushing and pulling we moved the mini van forward just barely enough to get the strap off. Then we had to push the mini van out. Finally we were able to get my dad's minivan moving again. I know what your are thinking, what about Mini-Me? Dave Martin to the rescue again. Tried the first time and no luck. Gave it a jerk and was to move it.

I am so done with all this snow, hopefully it all melts off my driveway this week. I don't want to get any more vehicles stuck.

2 comments:

HB said...

You forgot about our poor babysitter who got stuck on our road - didn't even make it to the driveway! She had to park at the bottom and walk up! Need warmer temperatures now!!

Shari said...

I feel your pain. Got stuck in Sue's driveway a week ago and Rick Roxby had to wench me out.

And may I ask, what in the world is AAA good for? They won't come for anything. I'm not sure Wimps is the right word to describe them. When someone takes your money and then doesn't ever deliver the services for it, I think there's a better word for that..... ;)