Sunday, February 15, 2009

The 10%

Now I know you are thinking this is going to be about tithing, not quite. Let me explain.
10% of what we do takes up 90% of our time. This is definitely true in my life. I think back to putting together a service when I was at Bakerstown Alliance. It would be that 10% of service that I would spend 90% of the time.
Understand something here, if you were back in school a 90% on a test is not too bad. In fact there were many times I could only dream about a 90%. However, 90% is good, but not great.
The feeling you get when you invest that time and energy to get that 100% rather then 90% is amazing. I love being in that 10% zone.
When you see someone, or a group of people, operating at the full 100% you can tell. Much of the time you can't put it in words, but you can sense it.
Let me just encourage you to find something that you could do at 90% with no problem, but put in that extra effort, that 90% time for that extra 10% and remember that feeling. You going to like it, trust me!

No comments: