Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not Burned Out

I have been thinking about this lately. Have I ever been burned out? Hmm...tough question to answer. So I thought about it for a while. Honestly I don't think I have. Well that might not be completely true. I think I might have got burned out when I worked for Shop-N-Save. I will admit, it was not exactly where I saw my self in say 5 years, nor was it a career goal for me. Plain and simple it was a job that paid me. But as far as the rest of my life goes, I don't know think I have been burned out. Now I will admit to being tired and needing a vacation. I know of a lot of times I needed a break. Burned out? I don't think so. I have a theory on why that it is. It is simply because I have been concentrating on doing what God has called me to do. I have been trying to follow his leading. That is not to say that I am perfect and I do everything right. It is just interesting to me to see the level of contentedness (is that a word?) of people who are trying to do what God is calling them to do. Makes you wonder doesn't it? Understand that these people who are not burned out following God's leading still suffer, still feel defeated, still feel spent. But they have that goal and purpose that God has given them. It is that goal and purpose that prevents burn out.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I've been burned out. And it's not a pleasant feeling.