Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What doesn't belong in this picture?

So yesterday I was at a Word FM pastor's luncheon at Heinz Field. I believe they said something like 400 pastors were there. Yikes! Now of course with that many pastors in one place you know that the event would go long. You know it would never end on time. And sure enough it didn't.
The food was really good. The only problem is that they ran out of food so my table ended up getting their dessert first and waiting for the main course (please don't tell my mom)
Jim Cymballa was the keynote speaker. Man, that guy! You have to love his authentic heart for prayer and for God. I loved his one line "I received the book of the year award for Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, who cares? Is God going to care that I wrote the book of the year? After all He is the one who wrote the Bible" I found that funny and amazingly humble at the same time. That guy is incredible
So what didn't belong? I felt it was me. Maybe because I was one of the younger ones there (got to admit that still feels good). More than likely it is because I am all to aware of my short comings. And I look around, and I think, man look at all these Godly servants of Christ. Of course they probably were thinking the same thing. I guess the key is to remain close to Christ, and remain humble. Like Jim Cymballa.

No comments: