Monday, October 22, 2007

My Monday Project

So lately it seems like I have been telling you all about what I did on Monday (my normal day off). Well today, I tackled our TV problems. For some reason our TV upstairs was really blurry and fuzzy. So it was time (or more likely past time -- it has been like that for about a month) to fix it. Well I started off thinking it was going to be the TV. So to test the TV I brought up the VCR. The VCR looked great. So then I am thinking it is the Direct TV box. So I tried the receiver box on the TV downstairs and it was fuzzy. Hmm...scratch head. So I hook the receiver up to the RCA outs and it works great. Then I figured I would just hook the other one up stairs. Well it wasn't looking right. So I hooked it up with the VCR and it worked perfect. For those of you who are completely lost, after trying 9872345 combinations, I have both of our TVs working good!
This whole experience got me thinking. I am not sure why both are working now. I am not sure why I had to hook the VCR up to get it to work. But do I care? NO! Sometimes we need to approach our spiritual lives the same way. If one thing doesn't work, try something else. If that doesn't work try something else. Try the 9872345 combinations. Whatever works at accomplishing the goal of growing closer to God, give it a shot. I am convinced that no one "method" works for you throughout your life, so change it up. Try something. Give it a shot.
Now understand that I am not saying that "all roads lead to God" or anything like that. I am talking about different methods as far as reading the Bible, or studying the Bible, pondering and meditating on the things of God.
If both your TVs are working, you're good. If you are growing closer to God, good! If it comes to the point where your TVs stop working, try something else. If it comes to the point where you are not growing closer to God, change it up.

1 comment:

Kyle Thomas said...

Hi Dan,
Do you like Trace Adkins. I like his new song I Got My Game On