Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Redeeming Culture

Kid's Klub for our church was tonight. I got to teach the lesson. Being that it is October 30th and tomorrow is Halloween, I knew that Halloween would be on their mind. I heard something about a jack-o-lantern devotional before. So I looked it up. It is great. The pumpkins (us) are chosen (by God) who takes us and cleans us out (the goo inside the pumpkin). Of course we all are special and unique (carving the face), and then the light of God can shine through us (hence the candle inside the pumpkin.) Whoa, I will not think of a jack-o-lantern the same again, which is good.
So now I am wondering, what else can we redeem from our culture ? Hmm. This is getting me excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have to figure out my password so this is in respone to Heather's blog.....

I'm so excited for you two! I'm sure Heather is very ready. I'm praying for the delivery process and for Isaiah's adjustment and well.... adjustment for everyone! How fun this will be you guys!

I have a bit of news myself.... firstly, I'm pregnant and we just found out Tueday that it is not just but TWINS! Oh yeah.... talk about adjusting!

Keep us posted on what is going on and I can't wait to hear what you are having!!

Brooke