Tuesday, October 23, 2007

$5000 or Impacting 100's?

So I am getting ready for Sunday, and we will be talking about taking risks. And like so many things in my life it took me back to Edinboro. When I was 16, I filled out my worker application and checked the worker and the counselor box. Now let me be honest, I just checked the counselor box to make it look good. I never thought I would get it. Well somehow I got it. A couple of years later as a joke I filled out the assistant director job. Sure enough I did become the assistant director. Got to admit I had some incredible times there. Learned some incredible lessons. And along the way impacted 100's of people.
I did some calculations and the best that I can figure it, all the weeks that I was at Edinboro it probably cost me about $5000. Needless to say I could use that $5000 now. but however I would not be the same person that I am today.
So why not go for it? Take the risk. Go for it. By the way, even without the $5000, God still has enabled me to pay all my bills. He is good like that.

p.s. Are you looking for a place to make peanuts but gain experiences? Check out edinborocamp.org Tell them I sent you :)

No comments: