Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I remember when...

Yesterday we had 3 people at the Lighthouse taking their written exam for ordination. Ahh the memories. I got to admit if felt really good being on the other side this time. All I had to do was pray before they started. I remember taking that test. I should, I took it twice after all.
I gotta to admit I was praying for those three. Really hoping that they did a good job. I know how important it was to me.
The one thing I did get to do was encourage them to that no matter what, they keep trying. I had to take my written exam two times, and my oral exam 3 times. I condensed a 2 year process into 6 years. It was a struggle to say the least. I thought about quitting many many times. But that is not what God wanted. So I kept at it and finally pass.
Loved seeing them there taking the test. To me it was God reminding me of how He got me through that trial. I also got to tell them if things go bad and they don't pass, give me a call. I will encourage them keep going.

No comments: