Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I have come to appreciate Memorial Day a lot more then I used to. Maybe it's because I understand what it's all about. Maybe I am just getting old and sappy. Now, there is a lot more stuff that I would like to blog about. I think in my head I have about 20 different blogs that I am working on. But the problem is I have a headache tonight and have been dealing with an awful sore throat for the past 3 or 4 days. Now with all that being said, I want to mention one thing that I thought was really neat.
Of course it has to do with Nascar. Because the race was rained out yesterday, they were racing today. When it was 3:00 p.m. They stopped the race. They had all the cars park on the front stretch, and all the crews line up on pit lane, and, as the president declared, had a moment of silence at 3:00 p.m. At first I thought this was ridiculous. How could you stop a race right in the middle. But then I realized, this is a sport, this is a game, this is not life. The winner of the race is not nearly as significant as those who gave their life for the freedom we have to watch this sport. Very classy move! Good job Nascar!

No comments: