Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spending time with my wife

This past weekend, Heather and I had to go to an out of town wedding. Wow! It was incredible! It was about 4 hours away. I can honestly say that we never turned on the radio on the way out there. We were able to talk for 4 hours without any interruptions. Obviously, we left the kids at home. Heather was playing in the wedding, so we went to the rehearsal, and then after the rehearsal we had one of those things, I think they call it a date. We were driving back to our Bed and Breakfast, and we saw a miniature golf course. Why not? So we did. Then we were hungry, so late night desert run! Saturday was the wedding. It was nice. Both the bride and the groom said "I do." (Don't you love my details?) Then we had a little bit of time in between the wedding and reception, so Heather and I just walked around and had a good time. On the way home, I did not turn on the radio until there was about an hour left. At that point, Heather was falling asleep. (I talked to much). We got home, went to bed.
Now all told this was only like a 36 hour excursion. But, boy was it fun to spend that time with my wife.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Yep. It's amazing that we have lives beyond who pooped in their diaper and who needed 17 time outs in the same morning! I am a strong believer in date nights. We love our kids, but we still need time to ourselves in order for our relationships to nurture.